Published: March 20, 2020
FOODTOOLS CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESPONSE
FoodTools is committed to the health and wellness of our employees, customers, and industry partners at home and around the world. We are monitoring developments very closely and are taking action at all of our facilities. Our priority remains the health and wellness of our team members, customers, and partners.
Our offices are currently open. If local, state, or national recommendations change, we will follow the recommended precautions. If our office hours change, we will update our customers and online channels.
Per the recommendations from the CDC, we’ve made the following decisions to limit the risk of virus spread:
- Elimination of employee travel and customer/vendor visits subject to updates as the situation evolves.
- Communication to our workforce regarding prevention guidelines as recommended by the CDC.
- Remote work access for our technical support, parts, and sales operations.
- Confirmed business continuity plans with our suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply and mitigate any delays due to the virus.
- Encouraging sick team members to stay home for the generally accepted incubation period.
- Additional sanitation measures for Divider Inserts, equipment, and parts before shipment to our customers.
Our sales and service technicians are not currently traveling for in person meetings, but should you need sales or support assistance, our contact numbers and email addresses are below.
EQUIPMENT & PARTS
We are working with all of our suppliers to avoid any delays, shortages or other supply chain issues that may arise. Currently, we do not anticipate any disruptions to our production schedule or supply chain. FoodTools has an extensive in-house inventory at all locations to support our customers. All transportation and delivery services utilized by FoodTools currently have no anticipated delays or stoppages. FoodTools is fully operational at each of our locations worldwide.
TRADE SHOWS & EXPOSITIONS
Most industry events, conventions, trade shows, and expositions scheduled for the near future have been postponed. FoodTools fully intends to participate in them once they are rescheduled.
FoodTools remains confident in the food processing industry. Our business outlook is positive and we are using this time to prepare for a return to a strong global economy.
FoodTools has been manufacturing the leading food portioning equipment for the food processing, dairy, flatbread, and baked goods industries since 1983. Today the company supplies food portioning machines and services from 4 offices located around the world.